A B.Voc in Hotel and Hospitality Management is a three-year job-focused vocational training programme in the hotel management field. The curriculum teaches hotel management and hospitality skills and knowledge. Hotel management is a subject of study that covers all administrative and managerial responsibilities in any hospitality centre, hotel, restaurant, airline, or service industry. The demand for excellent hotel managers has risen in tandem with the tourism industry’s rapid growth. Hotels and restaurants are looking for qualified individuals who can manage all aspects of their operations while also assisting them in increasing sales.
Food production, hospitality, tourism, housekeeping, accounting, business management, business law, financial management, human resource management, and entrepreneurship skills will all be covered in the three-year B.Voc in Hotel Management curriculum. A six-month training programme is also included in the programme, which will allow participants to complete an internship at a reputable hotel in the country. Candidates for admission to the B.Voc in Hotel Management & Hospitality programme must possess certain abilities, such as leadership, managerial, and management skills, as well as a pleasant attitude and good communication skills.
For the first time in India, a Vocational Educational Program is being implemented with a focus on job-specific abilities rather than a broad-based education. The goal is for students to learn the skill by combining classroom theoretical training with on-the-job training on the real shop floor of the industry/company.
THE 3 YEAR DEGREE IS A COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM ENCOMPASSING ALL THE AREAS OF HOTEL OPERATIONS. THE OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM ARE GIVEN BELOW.
• To develop the right skills necessary in the Hotel industry so as to meet the requirements according to the industry expectations.
• To develop the required skills in Food & Beverage Production.
• To develop the required skills in Food & Beverage Service.
• To develop the required skills in House Keeping & Front Office operations.
• To develop the required skills in Sales and Marketing and General Management of the Hotel industry.
• To develop the required skills in communication for a better career in the Hotel Industry.
• To provide the basic knowledge in hygiene, food safety & nutrition in line with international standards.
• To enable the candidates to manage any hospitality, tourism, and other allied industries.
B.Voc. Hotel & Hospitality Management Certifications & Features
Duration: 3 Years
B.Voc Degree Certificate awarded by the University of Technology.
MS Office Excel Training and certification awarded by Kerala State C-apt.
(Established by Government of Kerala)
Food Safety Supervisor (Advance Level 2) Certification from FoSTaC (FSSAI)
(Food Safety Standards Authority of India)
HACCP Certification (Level 3) – International Certification.
The eligibility condition for admission to B.Voc. The program shall be 10+2 or its equivalent,
Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Hospitality Management Job Prospects and Career Options
In the hotel management and hospitality industries, there are several options. Candidates can apply for positions at travel agencies, hotels, restaurants, tour operating organisations, aviation firms, event management companies, and visitor bureaus, among other places. Aside from that, numerous hotels and resorts seek qualified hotel management personnel. Candidates can also pursue additional training in hotel management.
Some profiles available after B. Voc in Hotel Management & Hospitality are listed below.
• Front Office Officer
• Accounting Manager
• Sales Manager
• Resident Managers
• Executive Housekeepers
• Convention Service Managers
• Banquet Managers
• Restaurant Managers
• Food & Beverage Managers
• Administers – Hospitality
• Purchase Managers
Candidates can also apply to any of the sectors such as:
• Hotels & Resorts
• Catering Companies
• Restaurants & BARs
• Fast Food Chains
Given below are some companies/ hotels where they can apply for a job:
• Taj Group of Hotels
• Hilton Group of Hotels
• Jaypee Group of Hotels
• ITC Group of Hotels
• Oberoi Group of Hotels
• Le Meridien Group of Hotels
• Tulip Star Group of Hotels
• Holiday Inn Group of Hotels
• Casino Group of Hotels
• Welcome Heritage Group of Hotels
• Foundation Course in Food & Beverage Production—
• Foundation Course in Food & Beverage Service
• Foundation Course in Front Office Operations
• Foundation Course in House Keeping Operations
• Food Safety & Hygiene
• Elective-1- Travel & Tourism Management
• Functional English 1
• Computing Skills course I
• Personal Grooming
• Food & Beverage Production II
• Food & Beverage Service II
• Front Office Operations II
• House Keeping Operations II
• Elective-2- Basics of Event Management
• Management Principles & Practices
• Computing Skills course II
• Communication Skills I
• Food & Beverage Production-III
• Food & Beverage Service -III
• Front Office Operations-III
• House Keeping Operations-III
• Hospitality Law
• Hotel Accountancy
• Financial Literacy
• Digital Literacy
• Basics of Legal and HR Policies
• Food & Beverage Production IV
• Food & Beverage Service IV
• Front Office Operations IV
• House Keeping Operations IV
• Hospitality Marketing
• Elective-3- Allied Hospitality
• Functional English II
• Food & Beverage Production-V
• Food & Beverage Service -V
• Housekeeping Operations – V
• Front Office Operations V
• Food & Beverage Management
• Hotel Costing
• Communication Skills II
• Health and Fitness
• Basics of Economics and Markets
• Food & Beverage Production VI
• Food & Beverage Service VI
• Front Office Operations VI
• House Keeping Operations VI
• Environmental Science
• Entrepreneurship Development
• Employment Readiness
100 % Placement Assistance
We can assist in placements after completion of the course.
The certification levels will lead to Diploma/Advanced Diploma/B. Voc. Degree Hotel Management & Hospitality.